HMA is looking for an experienced Copywriter to join our growing team.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic copywriter to join our award-winning digital agency, supporting our growing client base in health, science and tech to bring their creative ambitions to life.
We’re looking for a creative communicator; someone who can understand user needs and take a design thinking approach to content architecture, creation and dissemination across various forms of media.
As a copywriter in our marketing team, you will be responsible for:
- Working closely with our clients and other members of the team to determine user needs for each content brief.
- Accessing and collating reference and source material to support content development.
- Architecting and producing copy and content assets aligned with our clients’ requirements and the needs of their users.
- Incorporate best practice SEO techniques for the creation of digital content.
- Adopting our clients’ tone of voice to create compelling and bespoke narratives to meet their brief.
- Monitoring the performance of content and identifying ways to improve.
Example content development projects you may be asked to work on include:
- Development of brand narratives, tone of voice documents and lexicons
- Scripts for videos or animations
- Copywriting SEO-driven blog posts
- Website and collateral copywriting
- Award entries
- Authoring of clinical journal articles
- Campaign messaging
- Proof reading
The ideal candidate will have:
- 5-10 years content creation/design experience (preferably in an agency or experience working in a fast-paced environment with multiple clients and competing priorities).
- A content portfolio which includes a range of life sciences and/or clinical/medical content projects.
- Demonstrable expertise in copywriting for offline and online channels, for a wide range of users.
- A strong understanding of user-centred design and the benefits this brings to content creation.
- Experience and an understanding of SEO techniques applied in the creation of digital content.
- A passion for content creation and a genuine interest in how your expertise can support multi-channel marketing strategies.
- A positive, can-do attitude towards work with the ability to multi-task and collaborate effectively with other team members.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- A desire to continually improve your skills and knowledge.
Why choose HMA?
We’re a happy bunch of prosecco quaffing, marathon running, sloe gin making, sports car driving, guitar playing, mountain walking, beer chugging, fell running, tap dancing, hillside rambling, film making, cycle-mad, creative enthusiasts.
Our 22-strong team are also pretty spectacular account managers, projects managers, designers, developers, content producers and marketing specialists (even if we do say so ourselves).
Our digital marketing team works with some prolific and exciting clients including:
- LifeArc – the UK’s largest medical charity
- Abbott – a global healthcare organisation specialising in oral nutritional supplements
- Neuven – a tech-based workforce organisation with a focus on the healthcare/locum market
We have also delivered regional and national NHS marketing campaigns including:
- The distribution of a Global Health Survey for Health Education England
- Digital marketing support for a consultation around cancer services in London for NHS England
- A&E attendance campaign to drive awareness of other NHS urgent care services in North Kirklees
- Covid-19 booster campaign for 18-30s in West Yorkshire
In addition to our digital marketing team, we also design and develop websites, apps and digital health software solutions, including:
- DigiBete – a web platform and app to support children and families with Type One Diabetes, commissioned nationally by NHS England & Improvement
- stem4 – a suite of evidence-based mental health apps, downloaded over 3 million times around the world, to support teenagers overcome anxiety, low mood and depression and the urge to self-harm
- Teenage Cancer Trust – A clinical management system and patient engagement portal supporting geographically dispersed clinical teams to work collaboratively and consider each patient’s holistic needs
We’d like to hear from you if you are interested in being part of an agency team that creates and markets award-winning, user-centred digital experiences like these.
Salary will be negotiable based on experience up to a maximum of £40k per annum plus benefits.
As part of the HMA team, you will benefit from:
- Hybrid working environment with free parking at the office (the successful candidate will be required to work from our Barnsley-based headquarters at least once a week (min. two days a week during induction).
- Flexible working
- Regular 1:1 meetings with your line manager
- 6 monthly personal development reviews
- Annual salary reviews with interim reviews for exceptional contribution
- Profit-related bonus scheme (bonuses have been allocated for the last six consecutive years)
- 24 days holiday (+ bank holidays), rising to 27 days for long service
- Permanent Health Insurance which includes 24/7 access to health and wellbeing support
- Cycle to Work scheme
- An employee-led Wellbeing Taskforce
- Auto-enrolment onto our pension scheme
- Regular socials, organised and paid for by the company
If you would like to apply, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Strictly no agencies.