HMA is looking for a digital designer with front end development capabilities to join our award-winning creative agency; supporting our growing client base in health and science with a particular emphasis on tech for good.
To give you a flavour of some our work, we’ve delivered:
- A suite of mental health self-management apps for children and young people that have been downloaded over 2.7million times globally
- An app to support children and families living with Type 1 Diabetes commissioned nationally by NHS England and NHS Improvement
- A patient engagement platform for Teenage Cancer Trust to support the holistic needs of all teenage cancer patients in the UK
- A Class I medical device app for NHS Blood & Transplant to help clinicians with appropriate prescription of blood transfusions
Working with our in-house design and development team, you’ll be involved in client projects from inception, enabling you to translate requirements into engaging digital user experiences.
Your role will include:
- Creative problem solving to scope logical and engaging user journeys
- Demonstrating your thought process through annotated wireframes and prototypes
- Designing end-to-end user interfaces that deliver the optimal user experience
- Presenting your designs (internally and to clients) with a clear rationale that demonstrates an understanding of user needs
- Proactively identifying ‘pain points’ to improve a user journey
- Translating designs into dynamic front-end builds in collaboration with our in-house development team.
- Sharing best practice within HMA to help us continuously improve and with our clients to help them realise the value of design effectiveness
We’re looking for someone with:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience (preferably in an agency)
- Experience in Adobe CS suite – specifically XD and photoshop
- The ability to write compliant HTML and CSS to build websites, mobile applications, and emails
In addition to your design capability, you must demonstrate passion and enthusiasm for your work and a desire to continually improve your skills and knowledge – we are looking for someone who has a desire to push the boundaries and incorporate emerging design, UX and technology trends
into our working practices.
Salary will be negotiable based on experience up to a maximum of £40k per annum plus benefits.
For this role, we are looking for Yorkshire-based designers as the successful candidate will be required to work from our Barnsley-based headquarters at least once a week.
If you would like to apply, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
Strictly no agencies.