Did you know that LinkedIn operates the world’s largest professional network on the Internet with more than 332 million members in over 200 countries. That’s one out of every three professionals on the planet and more than 4 million companies. This is why you should ask yourself if you or your employees are managing their digital brand effectively.
Do you have a LinkedIn action plan?
LinkedIn is a powerful tool for building profiles and making connections – a tool for any business professional of any age. We’ve been running a series of LinkedIn workshops for professionals, to help them understand the successes and pitfalls.
Here are some of our top tips for getting the best from LinkedIn.
- Think about your brand, does your profile consistently convey five key messages?
- Have you created first-class content with a clear keyword strategy?
- Do you regularly update your profile with fresh, engaging content?
- Are you connecting with “interesting” people – building a ‘useful’ network?
- Are you using the new multimedia features to bring content alive?
- Are you making it easy for people to contact you?
- Apply good etiquette – offer value out before expecting it back
- Put real love into the quality of your profile and image
- Avoid randomly networking with anyone
- Don’t post junk – be topical, relevant and high value
- Turn off notifications when updating your profile
- Remember set up anonymous profiles if researching
For further support on LinkedIn, contact us today.