INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT ABOUT YOU
- Your first and last name, email and/or postal address, telephone number or other information you provide when you fill out a contact form on the Site
- Your IP address
- Your Internet Service provider (“ISP”)
- Any referring or exit pages taking you to or from our site
- Your login information
- Your web browser type and version
- Your time zone & location
- Date/time stamp
- Any browser plug-ins and versions used on your browser
- Your operating system
- Your platform / device details
- Information we collect when you interact with our content on the Site or on third-party sites or platforms, such as social networking sites. This may include information such as “Likes”, profile information gathered from social networking sites or the fact that you viewed or interacted with our content.
- To enhance your user experience or help us improve and measure our effectiveness, HMA may embed code from third parties on the site. Examples of such parties may include Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google, YouTube, Howcast, VideoJug, AOL, and others. These third parties may collect information about you including IP address, cookies in ways HMA does not control.
- When you use the website, we may employ clear gifs (also known as web beacons) which are used to anonymously track the online usage patterns of our users.
- We may also use clear gifs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS USED
We may use your information to:
- Send you our newsletters from time to time.
- Ensure that content from our site is presented in the most optimised and effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To diagnose or fix technology problems.
- To control unauthorised use or abuse of the Site and our products and services, or otherwise detect, investigate or prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal.
- Provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or that we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- Notify you about changes to our service.
- To deliver customer service and respond to your inquiries.
- HMA may provide general statistical information to third parties but such information will not allow anyone to be personally identified.
- Administer our site including data analysis, testing, traffic monitoring, research, statistical and survey purposes.
If you do not want us to use your information for marketing purposes, please tick any relevant box on the form on which you submit your data or unsubscribe from any marketing communication using the unsubscribe function in the footer of the email. You can also contact us directly by emailing enquiries@HMA.co.uk.
All information you provide to us is stored on our UK based secure servers and encrypted using Transport Layer Security (“TSL”) encryption.
We take your privacy very seriously, and will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal data, but please be aware that any data which you send to our site is sent at your own risk.
No method of transmission over the Internet, method of electronic storage or other security methods are one hundred percent secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means such as firewalls, password-protected databases with limited physical or electronic access, and encryption to protect your personally identifiable information against unauthorised use, disclosure or modification, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Children under 13
THIRD PARTY SITES
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any of our group companies (which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985) and also to third parties in the following circumstances: –
- to any prospective seller or buyer of all (or part of) our business or assets;
- if we are required to do so by law, any applicable regulation or to protect the rights, property, or safety of ourselves or others. This may include disclosing to other companies and organisations in connection with fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
Subject Access Requests
You have the right under the Data Protection Act 2018 to access the information which we hold about you. If you wish to exercise this right, please send your request to enquiries@HMA.co.uk.
Right to be Forgotten
You have the right under the Data Protection Act 2018 to have all of the information that we hold about you deleted in line with our statutory and legal responsibilities. If you wish to exercise this right, please send your request to enquiries@HMA.co.uk.
Right to Data Portability
You have the right under the Data Protection Act 2018 to request a copy of all of the information that we hold about you. If you wish to exercise this right, please send your request to enquiries@HMA.co.uk.
If you have a concern about your privacy or you would like to know more about how your personally identifiable information is collected, or used please contact us. We ask that when you contact us with a complaint, please include contact information and clearly describe your complaint. We will respond to your request or complaint within a reasonable time and will let you know next steps in resolving your complaint. If you are not satisfied with our response, you may also contact your local and federal data protection authorities to lodge a complaint.
Notices and Revisions