This weekend, the HMA team made its way up to snowy Kielder Forest in Northumberland for a belated Christmas celebration. We spent two nights in a beautiful house, boasting 60 acres of land right in the middle of the forest for us to explore.
Our team works really hard, bouncing from project to project, day after day and whilst working in this fast-paced environment is exciting and interesting, it doesn’t leave much time for team-building. So we packed the cars up with food and drink and set off to our destination in a bid to get to know each other better and have some fun!
Over the few days we were there, we were treated to a wonderful stargazing experience, a long snowy walk which involved seeing a Bastle House and an Iron Age settlement, a creative ideas session, a fair few games of giant Jenga and ping pong and the inaugural HMA Awards which each member of the team voted for…
- Gregg (Technical Director) won the Yoda Award for the one that demonstrates a deep knowledge and dedication to the cause.
- Barbara (Office Manager) won the Best Dressed Award bringing style to the office every day!
- Manoj (Senior Developer) won the ‘Get me out of the Sh*t’ award for the person most likely to offer a helping hand when things aren’t going quite as planned.
- Steve (Director) won the Best Brew-Maker Award for making a mean brew (taking into consideration both frequency and quality!)
- Emma (Client Services Director) won the Work Wife Award for making coming to work a pleasurable experience.
- Gregg (Technical Director) also won the Outstanding Achievement Award for making a significant contribution to the success of HMA.
Congratulations to all the winners – we’re already contemplating the categories for next year!