This weekend, the HMA team travelled an hour or so up the road to the picturesque Peak District for a (now traditional) post-Christmas celebration! We made our way to the small village of Longnor, to the south of the Peak District, for two nights in the Crewe & Harpur – our very own converted village pub!
After working incredibly hard in the run up to Christmas (and throughout 2018!), team HMA had earnt some time to relax and enjoy a spot of team building! Proving popular last year when we stayed at the beautiful Kielder Forest, we once again packed up the cars with plenteous amounts of food and drink and set off for a few days in the countryside!
Over the few days we were there, we got to know each other better through good old pub darts, card games and the now traditional giant Jenga! And being in the Peak District, we couldn’t not go for a long walk to take in the breath-taking scenery – even if it was the most mud any of us have ever had to walk through! It was also time for the second annual HMA Awards which each member of the team voted for, and this year we mixed it up a little…
- Guy (Developer) won the Have a Go Hero award – for always being willing to try something new.
- Richard (Account Manager) won the Let Me Google That For You (LMGTFY) Award – for being HMA’s very own personal search engine and keeping his cool despite being asked challenging questions from other members of the team!
- Rachel (Digital Marketing Specialist) won the Digital Expertise in Giphy Responses Award – for being the person most eloquently able to articulate their response on Slack through the use of GIPHY.
- Jonny (Developer) won the Read All About It Award – he keeps us learning and informed by sharing industry news and interesting articles.
- Jack (Senior Account Manager) won the Baby’s Bottom Award – for being the smoothest in times of crisis!
- Chris (Designer) won the Good Egg Award – for being the person who makes coming to work a nicer place!
Congratulations to all the winners – speculations on the categories for next year are already flying around the office!